Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

Is there a way to see network details in iPhone's iOS v15.7 (and soon v16)?

3 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Ant

no leída,
14 sept 2022, 2:10:16 a.m.14/9/2022
para
Hello,

Is there a way to see network details in iPhone's iOS v15.7 (and soon
v16)? Like DHCP times, renew, release, etc.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Slammy week so far with outings, software updates, colony, etc.
| |o o| |

nospam

no leída,
14 sept 2022, 7:20:07 a.m.14/9/2022
para
In article <Kpycnbga6tnf7bz-...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> Is there a way to see network details in iPhone's iOS v15.7 (and soon
> v16)? Like DHCP times, renew, release, etc.

go to settings>wifi and tap the i for the wifi network. you can see the
network info, configure dhcp (manual, automatic), renew the lease, etc.

Ant

no leída,
14 sept 2022, 6:35:21 p.m.14/9/2022
para
I don't see renew and release lease options and times.
--
Hump day gets quieter already after this week started with its outings, software updates, colony, etc. Dang health and deaths. :(

nospam

no leída,
14 sept 2022, 6:51:40 p.m.14/9/2022
para
In article <HOWdnSc7W4W-yr_-...@earthlink.com>, Ant
<a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> > > Is there a way to see network details in iPhone's iOS v15.7 (and soon
> > > v16)? Like DHCP times, renew, release, etc.
>
> > go to settings>wifi and tap the i for the wifi network. you can see the
> > network info, configure dhcp (manual, automatic), renew the lease, etc.
>
> I don't see renew and release lease options and times.

there's a release button. scroll down.

sms

no leída,
14 sept 2022, 9:17:50 p.m.14/9/2022
para
On 9/13/2022 11:10 PM, Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to see network details in iPhone's iOS v15.7 (and soon
> v16)? Like DHCP times, renew, release, etc.

Unlikely.

Look for an iOS app similar to IP Tools on Android
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ddm.iptools> but I
could not find one, and I doubt if Apple would allow such an app in
their App Store. And it doesn't keep track of renew or release, it just
shows the DHCP time that is set up in the router, which of course you
can see in the web page of the router setup.

nospam

no leída,
14 sept 2022, 9:42:44 p.m.14/9/2022
para
In article <tftufs$37c71$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> > Is there a way to see network details in iPhone's iOS v15.7 (and soon
> > v16)? Like DHCP times, renew, release, etc.
>
> Unlikely.

further proof you don't know much about ios.

mark

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 11:30:26 a.m.15/9/2022
para
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> Is there a way to see network details in iPhone's iOS v15.7 (and soon
>>> v16)? Like DHCP times, renew, release, etc.
>>
>> Unlikely.
>
> further proof you don't know much about ios.

If the op followed your advice & failed - what good is your advice?

nospam

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 1:47:35 p.m.15/9/2022
para
better than yours.

Chris

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 5:46:30 p.m.15/9/2022
para
Is that new in v16? Not seeing it here on v15.7.

nospam

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 5:56:46 p.m.15/9/2022
para
In article <tg06fl$3e7dr$1...@dont-email.me>, Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> I don't see renew and release lease options and times.
> >
> > there's a release button. scroll down.
>
> Is that new in v16? Not seeing it here on v15.7.

it's been there for years.

i'd say since iphone os 1 but i don't have a device running that
anymore to confirm.

the earliest device here that currently has a charge is running ios 10
and there's a renew lease button, along with additional options,
including bootp and manual config, custom dns, http proxy and more.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 6:34:52 p.m.15/9/2022
para
I don't see it on an SE 2020 running ios 16.

nospam

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 7:18:03 p.m.15/9/2022
para
In article <fMNUK.291393$SAT...@fx13.iad>, Hank Rogers
i don't have an ios 16 device handy at the moment to confirm, but i
*highly* doubt it's been removed given that it's rather important to
have available.

<https://cdn-60c35131c1ac185aa47dd21e.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2021
/09/renew_lease_iphone-scaled.jpg>

badgolferman

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 8:42:46 p.m.15/9/2022
para
iPhone 12 iOS 15.7

There is no renew lease button, but there is a forget this network button.

Is it possible nospam will admit to bring wrong?

nospam

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 8:52:28 p.m.15/9/2022
para
In article <tg0gq3$1drq$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> it's been there for years.
> >>
> >> i'd say since iphone os 1 but i don't have a device running that
> >> anymore to confirm.
> >>
> >> the earliest device here that currently has a charge is running ios 10
> >> and there's a renew lease button, along with additional options,
> >> including bootp and manual config, custom dns, http proxy and more.
> >>

> > I don't see it on an SE 2020 running ios 16.
> >

> iPhone 12 iOS 15.7
>
> There is no renew lease button, but there is a forget this network button.

keep looking.

hint:

hint#2:
<https://cdn-60c35131c1ac185aa47dd21e.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2021
/09/renew_lease_iphone-scaled.jpg>

> Is it possible nospam will admit to bring wrong?

only when i'm actually wrong.

this isn't one of those times.

badgolferman

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 9:17:31 p.m.15/9/2022
para
I don’t have it.

https://ibb.co/K6yH1P6

Ant

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 9:36:25 p.m.15/9/2022
para
> I don???t have it.

> https://ibb.co/K6yH1P6

Ditto.
--
Bad Thursday mawny, but got quieter and better hopefully.

nospam

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 9:47:58 p.m.15/9/2022
para
In article <tg0ir9$cr$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I donšt have it.
>
> https://ibb.co/K6yH1P6

looks like it was removed in ios 15 for some unknown reason.

badgolferman

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 9:49:27 p.m.15/9/2022
para
What is your iOS?

nospam

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 10:06:01 p.m.15/9/2022
para
In article <tg0kn6$3i4qs$1...@dont-email.me>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is your iOS?

which device? :) i have a *lot* of them.

one drawback with ios development is being unable to 'dual boot' a
different os version as can be done with a mac or windows pc, so having
a bunch of devices for testing is required.

badgolferman

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 10:13:10 p.m.15/9/2022
para
The screenshot you posted is obviously not iOS 15+. I’m surprised you have
something less than the most updated version.

nospam

no leída,
15 sept 2022, 10:23:17 p.m.15/9/2022
para
In article <tg0m3k$s7u$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> What is your iOS?
> >
> > which device? :) i have a *lot* of them.
> >
> > one drawback with ios development is being unable to 'dual boot' a
> > different os version as can be done with a mac or windows pc, so having
> > a bunch of devices for testing is required.
> >

> The screenshot you posted is obviously not iOS 15+. Iąm surprised you have
> something less than the most updated version.

as i said, i have a bunch of devices.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:03:39 a.m.16/9/2022
para
I guess I lied then.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:06:06 a.m.16/9/2022
para
I have that forget button, but that's about it.

> Is it possible nospam will admit to bring wrong?

Never, because he's never wrong, just like arlen.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:08:01 a.m.16/9/2022
para
No release option on my phone. Try again.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:08:52 a.m.16/9/2022
para
Neither do I.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:13:09 a.m.16/9/2022
para
Nospam has it, but it seems nobody else does. I'm beginning to
wonder if he actually has an iphone. May be like arlen.

I know he's right though, so I'll keep looking. Let us know if you
find it. I sure as hell can't find it.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:14:12 a.m.16/9/2022
para
Hell, that was a YEAR ago, wasn't it?

Hank Rogers

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:21:42 a.m.16/9/2022
para
nospam wrote:

>>> which device? :) i have a *lot* of them.
>>>
>>> one drawback with ios development is being unable to 'dual boot' a
>>> different os version as can be done with a mac or windows pc, so having
>>> a bunch of devices for testing is required.
>>>

>> The screenshot you posted is obviously not iOS 15+. Išm surprised you have
>> something less than the most updated version.
>
> as i said, i have a bunch of devices.

It's really misleading to try to answer questions based on your old
phones, isn't it? You shouldn't try, if you don't have the
operating system or iphone in question. At least you should not be
so adamant that you are never wrong. Sometimes you are wrong.

sms

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:44:41 a.m.16/9/2022
para
On 9/15/2022 5:42 PM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> There is no renew lease button, but there is a forget this network button.

True for iOS 16 as well. What version of iOS did they remove the
additional features, if they ever existed?

> Is it possible nospam will admit to bring wrong?

No.

Bob Campbell

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:48:05 a.m.16/9/2022
para
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <tg0ir9$cr$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I don¹t have it.
>>
>> https://ibb.co/K6yH1P6
>
> looks like it was removed in ios 15 for some unknown reason.

Its definitely not in iOS/iPadOS 15. I assume the best you can do is
“forget this network” and connect again. Which I have done many times.

I still have a working iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.4. The Renew Lease button
IS there.

All the other iPhones/iPods/iPads I have are on 15.7. Not interested in 16
at this point.

mark

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 1:47:30 a.m.16/9/2022
para

>>> further proof you don't know much about ios.
>>
>> If the op followed your advice & failed - what good is your advice?
>
> better than yours.

You lied to the op for no other reason that you wanted to pretend you knew
something he didn't know when it was you who didn't know anything about
what you were claiming.

mark

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 1:48:37 a.m.16/9/2022
para
sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

>> Is it possible nospam will admit to bring wrong?
>
> No.

He lied to the op because he wanted to pretend he knew something the op
didn't.

mark

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 1:51:32 a.m.16/9/2022
para
Hank Rogers <ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Nospam has it, but it seems nobody else does. I'm beginning to
> wonder if he actually has an iphone.

Nospam lied to the op because he wanted to pretend he knew something that
the op didn't know.

But nospam will never admit he lied though.

He'll deflect by saying others don't know face id works in the dark.

sms

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 1:53:43 a.m.16/9/2022
para
On 9/15/2022 6:17 PM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> I don’t have it.
>
> https://ibb.co/K6yH1P6

nospam is wrong of course™.

The Renew Lease button was removed in iOS 15. It was present in iOS 14.
See <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253214995>. That is why you
don't see it.

No one would think any worse of nospam if he simply admitted his mistake.

Chris

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 3:04:52 a.m.16/9/2022
para
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <tg0ir9$cr$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I don¹t have it.
>>
>> https://ibb.co/K6yH1P6
>
> looks like it was removed in ios 15 for some unknown reason.

Not so know-it-all now are you?

badgolferman

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 6:37:26 a.m.16/9/2022
para
Is it now?

nospam

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 7:20:46 a.m.16/9/2022
para
In article <tg1jl3$1gh5$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Is it possible nospam will admit to bring wrong?
> >
> > only when i'm actually wrong.
> >
> > this isn't one of those times.
> >

> Is it now?

yep. i checked two devices, ios 10 & 14, and it was there. i didn't
expect it would be removed.

sms

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 7:48:27 a.m.16/9/2022
para
Hey, don't rub it in. This may be the first time he ever admitted that
he was wrong!

The usual thing to do is to "Forget" the network then reconnect which
has the same effect as releasing and renewing, just less elegantly, and
you have to remember to choose the same Wi-Fi network when you reconnect.

When tech support is trying to resolve network issues with a user, a
release and renew button is helpful, which is probably why it was
included in iOS in the first place. Android never had this capability,
AFAIK.

badgolferman

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 7:56:19 a.m.16/9/2022
para
Thank you for finally saying it. You're more human than I thought.

sms

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:08:18 p.m.16/9/2022
para
The multi-stop routing in Apple Maps, and the battery percentage
indicator, long-desired, and oft-requested features by iPhone users,
were enough to get me to upgrade.

zall

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 12:34:37 p.m.16/9/2022
para
On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 10:52:23 +1000, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> (and soon

>> see the
>> lease, etc.

>> 10
>> >>

>> > I don't see it on an SE 2020 running ios 16.
>> >

>> iPhone 12 iOS 15.7
>>
>> There is no renew lease button, but there is a forget this network
>> button.
>
> keep looking.
>
> hint:
>
> hint#2:
> <https://cdn-60c35131c1ac185aa47dd21e.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2021
> /09/renew_lease_iphone-scaled.jpg>

Don't get that on a SE3 with iOS 16

sms

no leída,
16 sept 2022, 2:37:07 p.m.16/9/2022
para
On 9/16/2022 9:34 AM, zall wrote:

<snip>

> Don't get that on a SE3 with iOS 16
>
>>> Is it possible nospam will admit to bring wrong?
>>
>> only when i'm actually wrong.
>>
>> this isn't one of those times.

He now realizes that he's wrong and that the Renew Lease button was
removed beginning with iOS 15. The newspapers, radio, and television
stations have been notified that he admitted that he was actually wrong.

It was actually a nice feature because when you "Forget" the network,
then you have to choose from a list of available Wi-Fi networks and you
want to remember which one to choose.

Did the Renew Lease Button require you to re-enter the Wi-Fi password? I
never used it on my iPhone. OTOH, I've had to use ipconfig /release and
ipconfig /renew on Windows machines occasionally.

The reality is that this was likely a rarely used feature of iOS,
probably mainly used when trying to solve network problems unrelated to
the iPhone or iPad.
0 mensajes nuevos